Usually a medial thigh lift is for patients who have lost weight at have loose skin in that case you have to remove the saggy skin where as liposuction wouldn’t work because there is hardly any fat its flacidness.
The best candidates
Skin laxity in the medial thighs is one of the first signs of the aging in the thighs. The medial thigh is characterizad by early relaxtion and very poor reaction, even after liposuction. The development of these countour alterations can be acredited to lack of excersice, body weight variations, and genetics.
- Inner Thigh Liposuction: For people with good skin tone, good muscle tone, and excess fat of the inner thighs.
- Inner Thigh Lift: For people with loose muscle tone, excess thigh fat and loose skin in the upper aspect of the inner thigh.
- Extended Inner Thigh Lift: For people who have very loose skin, very loose muscles, and a large amount of excess fat extending from the groin to the inner aspect of the knee.
The price for thigh lift varies , it depends on the condition of the skin also on how extensive , if its a medial thigh lift , if its extended , also if it’s inner or outer a lot of factors contribute in the pricing.
What to expect from thigh lift surgery
The incision will come up into the groin area and down to almost the knee. You will also be having liposuction of the knee and outer thighs as well as the front of my thighs.
After thigh lift surgery
Seromas to tend to happen post surgery however they can be prevented with proper recovery avoiding moving around too much following you indications to the dot. It is normal to be swollen but in is mayority it my be the accumulation of liquid.
Results are not seen from the 6th month or 1 year so it is still to soon to see any final results.
Key points about medial thigh lift
- Careful patient screening and education is critical to optimizing the outcome of medial lift procedures
- Major variables contributing to the medial thigh deformity include descent of thigh soft tissue excess secondary to weight changes and aging. Prior liposuction may also contribute to thigh contour deformities.
- Correction of soft tissue excess along the abdomen, thighs and buttocks prior to a medial thigh lift.
- Thigh lift procedures with an excisional component limited to the thigh perineal crease usually provide little if any additional benefit to individuals who have undergone circumferential body lift procedures
- Liposuction in vertical medial thigh lift procedures serves to create a readily identifiable and safe plane of dissection and to improve outcome by optimizing the amount of soft tissue that can be removed.
- The combination of a prior lower body lifting procedure and a medial thigh lift with a vertical component helps minimize the likelihood of the well described complications associated with media thigh lifts: labial spreading and scar migration. Read more at: Body Contouring and Liposuction
Don’t be shy ask any questions you need to know. It’s important you know all about your Thigh Lift before you have a surgery.